In line with the heightened measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA) will be implementing additional safe management measures to the festival’s upcoming line-up. SIFA will be implementing PET for the following programmes, as well as capping capacity at 100 audience members per performance for the following productions:
• Three Sisters
• The Year of No Return
• OIWA – The Ghost of Yotsuya
• A Dream Under the Southern Bough: Existence
In accordance with MOH guidelines, patrons who have already purchased tickets for these programmes will need to undergo an on-site PET. The test is quick and painless and results will be known within half an hour. PET costs will be absorbed by SIFA. Patrons who have completed their vaccination regimes against COVID-19 at least 14 days before the date of the performance are exempt from PET. More information on PET can be found on sifa.sg. These four programmes will also be available for digital viewing on SIFA On Demand from 5th to 12th June 2021.
The following programmes will be adjusted accordingly:
• The Rhythm of Us has to be cancelled and full refunds will be issued. Discussions with artists are ongoing for a VOD option, and an announcement will be made shortly.
• The audience capacity of The Consoler, Ghosts of Yesteryear and Alone Together will be reduced to 50. Refunds will be made to patrons who are affected by this reduction.
• Healing Rhapsody will no longer be performed live, but will be presented online on SIFA On Demand.
• Musical Swings and play+Ground series are postponed until further notice.
SIFA will be presenting the following programmes online via SIFA On Demand:
• Be Comforted Now: Bach Cantatas
• Before Life and After
• Echoes of Fire and Water
• Healing Rhapsody
• Ghosts of Yesteryear
These programmes will be available to audiences worldwide from 5th to 12th June 2021, alongside all eight Festival commissions and selected performances from SIFA v2.020. More information is available at sifa.sg.
neveleven will also be available free for viewing on SIFA All-Access from 5th June 2021.
The 2021 Singapore International Festival of Arts runs from 14th to 30th May 2021. Tickets and full line-up available here
SIFA’s ticketing agent, SISTIC, will be in touch with patrons who are affected by cancellations and reductions in capacity for ticket refunds.